Posting Date Feb 13, 2023
Job Category Interior Design
Location Redesign Interiors Westville
Position Type Team Leader
Located Remotely? Y
Redesign Interiors has a fun outlook and enjoys dealing with projects that are unique and out of the box. We are an audacious bunch who live for our love of design. We believe your career should make you happy and provide a place for growth.
Are you a bright, fun, energetic and rebelliously creative Interior Designer? Join a vibrant interior design studio that thrives on utilising out-the-box thinking to design and execute unique spaces for each and every client!
Design isn’t just a job – it’s the way you live your life. This is your chance to take your design experience and skills to the next level, moving beyond the tactical practice of design and leveraging your skills as you partner with our clients to create exciting spaces that challenge the status quo.
If you are a designer misfit with a solution-motivated and deadline-oriented spirit, you might be the right fit for our team.
The ideal candidate will have great creative vision and be a strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of disciplines and clients.
On a project level, the successful candidate for this position will ensure that Redesign Interior’s design standards are adhered to. You will provide interior design management services and manage all aspects of design for new construction, conversion or adaptive re-use projects.
Our team culture is collaborative, creative, demanding and fun. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark and position yourself as a top creative designer working on international projects.
- Represent Redesign Interiors to both clients and industry, building positive and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Provide technical reviews of drawings and other submissions from the design team to ensure conformance with Redesign Interior’s standards and established interior design criteria.
- Provide design studies, sketch plans, creative talent and imagination to projects as required.
- Apply design talent to problem-solving design exercises to achieve cost-efficient results that align with the Redesign Interior brand.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external disciplines to ensure the integration of relevant input in project reviews.
- Provide design expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and adjacencies, as well as project installations.
- Coordinate review / approval (with participation from appropriate disciplines) with design team and clients.
- Provide information, interpretation and guidance to clients and consultants, as well as internal design and construction staff, for adapting interior design direction and brand standards to specific projects.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff as necessary.
- Track and maintain project data and milestones utilising database tools.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of brand prototype documentation.
- Maintain clear communication with all department management levels and advise/consult on sensitive client or project issues.
- Assist with quantity take-offs and FF&E bills of materials to support the procurement process.
- Manage time allocation on projects in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines and/or direction established by Senior Management.
- Report to Senior Managers / Directors for policy guidance, methods and systems support matters. Support Senior Managers / Directors in monitoring, reviewing and expediting drawing and design submittals.
- 3+ years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the residential design industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment as a member of a collaborative team.
- Strong interior design skills, architectural design acumen and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable about innovation and design trends.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good business judgment and creative problem-solving attributes.
- Strong conceptual design / freehand sketching and/or digital presentation abilities.
- Ability to balance projects with other business demands that may, at times, be administrative in nature.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and project management software is required. Skills in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and ArchiCAD are desired but not required. We are a Mac-based company.
- Potential travel in Africa – 25% travel is anticipated for this position.
If you think you have what it takes, apply via the contact form below.