Senior Interior Designer
Posting Date Jan 24, 2022
Job Category Interior Design
Location Redesign Interiors Westville
Position Type Team Leader
Located Remotely? Y
Redesign Interiors has a fun outlook and enjoys dealing with projects that are unique and out of the box.We are an audacious bunch who live for our love of design. We believe your career should make you happy and provide a place for growth.
Design is a way you live your life, it is not a job. This is your chance to take your design experience to the next level. Move beyond the tactical practice of design and leverage your design skills as you partner with our clients to create exciting spaces that challenge the status quo. If you are a designer misfit with a solution-motivated/deadline-oriented spirit, you might be the right fit within our team.
Candidates should have great creative vision and be a strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other disciplines and clients.
On a project level, the successful candidate for this position ensures Redesign design standards are adhered to. You would provide interior design management services and manage all aspects of design for new construction, conversion, or adaptive re-use projects.
The culture within the team is collaborative, creative, demanding and fun. This is your unique chance to make your mark and position yourself as a top creative designer working on international projects.
- Represents Redesign to both clients and industry , and builds positive and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Provides technical reviews of drawings and other submittals from the design team to ensure conformance with Redesign standards and established interior design criteria.
- Provide design studies, sketch plans, creative talent, and imagination to projects as required.
- Applies design talent to problem solving design exercises to achieve cost efficient results that align with the Redesign brand.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal and external disciplines to ensure the integration of relevant input in project reviews.
- Provide design expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture, and adjacencies, and installation on a project.
- Coordinates review/approval (with participation from appropriate disciplines) with design team and clients.
- Provides information, interpretation, and guidance to clients and consultants, as well as internal design and construction staff, for adapting interior design direction and brand standards to specific projects.
- Supervises, directs, motivates, and trains assigned staff as necessary.
- Tracks and maintains project data and milestones utilizing a database tools.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of brand prototype documentation.
- Maintains clear communication with all department management levels and advises/consults on sensitive client or project issues.
- Assists with quantity take-offs and FF&E bills of materials to support the procurement process
- Manages time allocation on projects in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines, and/or direction established by Senior Management.
- Reports to Senior Managers / Directors for policy guidance, methods, and systems support matters. Supports Senior Managers / Directors in monitoring, reviewing, and expediting drawing and design submittals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills / excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment as a member of a collaborative team
- Strong interior design skill, architectural design acumen, and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable about innovation and design trends
- Customer Service skills.
- Good business judgment and creative problem-solving attributes.
- Strong conceptual design/freehand sketching and/or digital presentation abilities.
- Ability to balance projects with other business demands that may be at times, administrative in nature
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and project management software is required. Skills in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and Archicad are desired but not required. We are a Mac based company.
- Potential travel in Africa – 25% travel is anticipated for this position
- 4-year degree preferred from an accredited interior design program
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the residential design industry